- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 170.4
- Total Fat: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 13.7 mg
- Sodium: 1,107.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 8.0 g
Zucchini and yellow rice mock lasagnaSubmitted by: 24REBEKAH
IntroductionZucchini used in place of pasta as a unique twist on lasagna. Zucchini used in place of pasta as a unique twist on lasagna.
1 large zucchini cut into thin rounds
2 roma tomatoes cut into thin rounds
1/2 medium onion diced finely
1/2 cup canned green peas
10 leaves fresh basil
1 tbsp regular mayonaise
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 oz grated parmesean cheese
1 small package of yellow rice coooked as suggested
imitation spray butter
1. Cook small package of yellow saffron rice as instructed.
2. While rice is cooking slice 1 large zucchini and 2 roma tomatoes into thin rounds , dice 1/2 medium onion into small pieces, finely chop 10 leaves of fresh basil.
3. Once the rice is cooked add 2 cups to a medium sized bowl, add the onion and basil, and peas to the rice as well as 1 tbsp mayonaise, mix well.
4. Spray the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray then layer half the zucchini along the bottom to cover. Spray the zucchini with butter spray and sprinkle salt and garlic powder.
5.Next layer tomato rounds over the zucchini, sprinkle half of both cheeses over the tomatoes, then half of the rice mix, then repeat the layers again.
6. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user 24REBEKAH.