Low Fat Chicken AlfredoSubmitted by: VAMPTRIANA4EVR
IntroductionMy modified version of chicken alfredo My modified version of chicken alfredo
8 ozs linguine (or fettucine or whatever noddles you prefer)
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 chicken boullion cube dissolved in 1 1/4 cup water
4 ozs fat free cream cheese, cubed
3 T parmesan cheese, grated
1/4t garlic powder
2. In frying pan sprayed with non stick spray over medium high heat cook chicken strips 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pan.
3. In same pan over medium high heat, combine flour with chicken boullion dissolved in water. Whisk to combine.
4. Add next four ingredients (both cheeses, garlic powder and pepper) and whisk until smooth.
5. Continue whisking until mixture begins to bubble and thicken, aprox 2 mins.
6. Add chicken and stir to coat with sauce. Remove from heat.
7. Drain pasta and combine with sauce in large serving bowl.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 4 - 1 1/2 cup servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VAMPTRIANA4EVR.