- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 460.3
- Total Fat: 14.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 112.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 11.4 g
- Protein: 17.2 g
Banana Nut Whole Wheat Pancakes/WafflesSubmitted by: EAGLES17
IntroductionA fiber filled DELICIOUS pancake/waffle recipe modified from AllRecipes' Grain and Nut Whole Wheat Pancake recipe. A fiber filled DELICIOUS pancake/waffle recipe modified from AllRecipes' Grain and Nut Whole Wheat Pancake recipe.
3/8 c. Quaker instant oats (optional: blended/grinded in a food processor or blender if you prefer a smoother texture)
3/8 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. buttermilk (or 1/4 c. milk with 1/4 tsp. lemon juice or yogurt or whatever you have on hand)
1/8 c. Almond Breeze Unsweetened soymilk (or whatever milk you prefer: soy, skim, etc.)
1 tbp. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 mashed ripe banana
1 egg white
1 packet Splenda (or any other sugar substitute)
1/8 c. walnuts, crushed
1. If making waffles, preheat a wwaffle iron according to the manufacturer's directions.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, Almond Breeze, applesauce, banana, egg white, and Splenda.
4. At this time, if you are making pancakes, you preheat a skillet but spraying it with nonstick cooking spray and placing it over low-medium heat.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Add the walnuts and stir.
6. Ladle the batter onto the skillet or waffle iron and cook the waffle according to manufacturer's directions or flip the pancake when the top becomes bubbly and the edges begin to brown.
7. When ready, serve the pancake/waffle and eat it as it or top it with some sugar free syrup. Enjoy!
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EAGLES17.