- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 211.4
- Total Fat: 9.6 g
- Cholesterol: 35.4 mg
- Sodium: 295.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
Pineapple Coconut Muffins--GF/DFSubmitted by: SILVERSABRE25
IntroductionA gluten free, dairy free recipe for a yummy tropcial muffin! Can be made egg free (and therefore vegan) by substituting 1 TB flaxmeal and 1 TB water for the egg. A gluten free, dairy free recipe for a yummy tropcial muffin! Can be made egg free (and therefore vegan) by substituting 1 TB flaxmeal and 1 TB water for the egg.
1 3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup toasted shredded coconut
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup coconut milk--such as So Delicious vanilla
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 cup crushed pineapple--in 100% juice
1. Grease muffin cups or use muffin papers
2. In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour through coconut). Make a well in the center and set aside.
3. In another bowl combine wet ingredients--make sure to beat the egg very well.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir just until combined.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Because gluten free things do not rise as much as their glutinous counterparts, you can fill the cups most of the way to the rim.
6. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SILVERSABRE25.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
How is this gluten free with flour in it? Is sky or other flour used? - 9/2/10
Reply from SILVERSABRE25 (9/2/10)
You use a gluten-free all-purpose flour or your favorite gluten free flour blend. My personal favorite is Domata Living Gluten-Free All-purpose Flour blend
These sound fantastic, and I can't wait to try them, but have a question. Is the pineapple drained, or WITH the juice? Thanks! - 8/30/10
Reply from SILVERSABRE25 (8/30/10)
I dumped in the whole can, juice and all.