This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionThis classic chilled tomato soup is chock full of garden-fresh vegetables, cholesterol free, and made with very little added oil. This classic chilled tomato soup is chock full of garden-fresh vegetables, cholesterol free, and made with very little added oil.
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, peeled, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, pared, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 drop hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or scallion tops
- 1 lemon, cut in 6 wedges
3. Slowly add the remaining 2 cups of tomato juice to pureed mixture. Add chopped tomato. Chill.
4. Serve icy cold in individual bowls garnished with chopped chives and lemon wedges.
Yield: 6 servings--Serving Size: 1 cup