Easy Mac and CheeseSubmitted by: MORNINGGLORY609
I lb of pasta (1 box)
1/4 cup butter
1 medium onion
2 Tb granulated garlic
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 C skim milk
1/2 C half and half
1 Tb flour
2 C (1 pkg) shredded cheddar cheese
2 C (1 pkg shredded Monterrey jack cheese
2/3 C panko breadcrumbs
2. Mince onion. Add to butter. Cook until translucent.
3. Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes. Add flour and cook until brown (about 2-3 mins).
4. Add milk and half and half. Bring up to temperature.
5. Add cheese. Stir until melted/combined.
6. Boil pasta while cheese is blending.
7. When pasta in done, place in a large casserole dish (spray with cooking oil if desired to avoid sticking). Pour cheese sauce over pasta.
8. Cover with panko breadcrumbs and parsley (if desired). Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until panko is browned. Makes 8 2-oz servings.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MORNINGGLORY609.