- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 259.8
- Total Fat: 7.1 g
- Cholesterol: 47.6 mg
- Sodium: 1,190.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 16.2 g
Zuppa Toscana - sausage and kale soupSubmitted by: CHANNELED
IntroductionThis Italian soup is delicious alone or with salad and breadsticks. Contains 3.7 grams of fiber per 2 cup serving. This Italian soup is delicious alone or with salad and breadsticks. Contains 3.7 grams of fiber per 2 cup serving.
6 cups water
800 grams (about 6 medium sized) red potatoes
250 grams fresh kale (one big bunch)
0.75 cups chopped Vidalia onion
16 oz. Hillshire Farms turkey polish kielbasa
1 cup fat free plain yogurt
1 dash black pepper
0.25 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
0.5 tsp dry basil leaves
0.5 tsp dry oregano leaves
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
2. In a LARGE soup pot, bring 6 cups water, chopped potatoes and chopped onions to a boil.
3. Add 0.5 tsp dry basil leaves, 0.5 tsp dry oregano leaves, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt (optional - included in nutritional information), a dash of black pepper, and 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper (optional - included in nutritional information) to soup.
4. Add kielbasa to soup. Let simmer for about a minute, then add kale when kielbasa is a little warmed and potatoes are about as tender as you'd like them to be for soup.
5. Simmer for 1-5 minutes to wilt down the kale to your preferred tenderness (I stop after 2 minutes).
6. Turn off heat. Stir in 1 cup of fat free plain yogurt.
7. Makes approximately 6 - 2 cup servings.
Serve as a stand alone meal, a soup, or as a side with a holiday meal. Excellent with salad and whole grain bread.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHANNELED.