- Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 193.3
- Total Fat: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 1.2 mg
- Sodium: 27.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
Upside Down German Chocolate CakeSubmitted by: AERIEA085
1 box Betty Crocker German Chocolate Cake mix
2 Tbsp. land o lakes light butter with canola oil
3/4 cup water
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
5 egg whites
1 cup lowfat buttermilk
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2. Place butter in a saucepan with the water and melt over low heat. Mix in the brown sugar until dissolved and pour into a 9X13 glass baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle coconut and pecans evenly over the brown sugar mixture.
4. Using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites in a bowl for about 30 seconds on high speed. Add in the buttermilk, sour cream, and applesauce and mix on high until combined.
5. Pour the german chocolate cake mix into the egg white mixture and mix with the mixer until completely smooth.
6. Pour the batter over the brown sugar mixture in the dish.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
7. Cool completely, then turn cake out onto a pan.
16 servings = 5 WW points per serving
20 servings = 4 WW points per serving
Number of Servings: 20
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AERIEA085.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
My son requested his favorite (german chocolate cake) for his birthday dinner Saturday. I'll give this version a try -- sounds good enough to eat :-) (son was a little disappointed I was 'lightening' his birthday cake - so I gave him a jar of coconut pecan frosting to supplement - he was happy! - 2/17/10