Kay's Mexican LasagnaSubmitted by: KWHITE7
1 lb Ground Turkey
1 small onion
1 tablespoon garlic
One 16 oz jar of salsa
One 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
One 10 ounce bag or box frozen corn kernels, thawed (about 2 cups)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
5 8 inch flour tortillas, cut in half
One 16 ounce container lowfat cottage cheese
2 cups preshredded reduced-fat Cheddar Cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2. When onions are tender, add the meat and cook over medium-heat breaking into small pieces until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
4. Add the salsa, black beans, corn, chili powder, and cumin to the skillet and stir to combine.
5. To assemble the lasagna, arrange a third (about 2 cups) of the meat mixture in a 9x13 inch baking pan. Layer half the tortillas over the meat, allowing them to overlap. Spoon half of the cottage cheese and 1/2 the reduced fat cheese over the tortillas and spread evenly.
6. Place 2 more cups of meat mixture over the cottage cheese. Layer with the remaining tortillas and cottage cheese. End with the meat mixture.
7. Top with 1 cup cheddar cheese and bake uncovered until the cheese melts and the lasagna is heated through, about 25 minutes.
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KWHITE7.