Red Bean BurgerSubmitted by: NALLIE01
IntroductionRed beans, red onions, red peppers ... ready to eat? SO GOOD! Red beans, red onions, red peppers ... ready to eat? SO GOOD!
* Beans, red kidney, 2.5 cup (remove)
* Egg, fresh, 1 large (remove)
* Onions, raw, .33 cup, chopped (remove)
* Old Fashioned Quaker Oatmeal- Plain (1/2 cup dry), 1 serving (remove)
* *Peppers, sweet, red, fresh, 1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" (remove)
Chili powder can be added too.
1. Combine the beans, onion, oats, salt, pepper, and egg in a food processor and pulse until chunky but not puréed, adding a little liquid if necessary (this is unlikely but not impossible) to produce a moist but not wet mixture. Let the mixture rest for a few minutes if time allows. You can store in air-tight container overnight in fridge (but if you do, let it get back to room temp before next step).
2. With wet hands, shape into whatever size patties you want and again let rest for a few minutes if time allows. Film the bottom of a large nonstick or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet with oil and turn the heat to medium. A minute later, add the patties. Cook until nicely browned on one side, about 5 minutes; turn carefully and cook on the other side until firm and browned.
3. Serve on buns with the usual burger fixings. Or cool and refrigerate or freeze for later use.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NALLIE01.