Low Calorie Angel Food CakeSubmitted by: OWLETT
IntroductionA slice of this cake has less than 60 calories due to the replacement of sugar with splenda. A slice of this cake has less than 60 calories due to the replacement of sugar with splenda.
- 1 1/2 cups Splenda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white flour, sifted
- 12 egg whites
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2. Sift half the Splenda with the flour.
3. In a large bowl combine egg whites, vanilla extract, water and cream of tartar with an electric beater until combined.
4. Add the other half of the Splenda to the egg whites and beat until semi-stiff peaks form.
5. Add the sifted flour and Splenda to the egg whites, and gently fold in with a spatula. Make sure all the flour is incorporated.
6. Carefully pour batter into a cake pan of your choice (use nonstick baking paper). Bake for about 30 minutes until a skewer inserted come out clean. May require 5-10 minutes further cooking.
7. Cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before removing from the cake tin.
Makes 10-12 servings (info for 12)
Adapted from www.foodnetwork.com
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user OWLETT.