Cinnamon Chipotle BrowniesSubmitted by: LINDATHOME
IntroductionSpicy, adventuresome, tangy brownies Spicy, adventuresome, tangy brownies
8 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chips or cut into small pieces
6 Tbsp Buter
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp flour
1/2 to 3/4 tsp Chipoltle Chili powder
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon+
2. Line an 8¡å square baking pan with an extra-long piece of foil, making sure it hangs over the sides.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter together gently, either in a microwave set at 30% power, or over simmering water in a double boiler. Do not let any water touch the chocolate or it will seize. Once melted, set aside to cool.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla on high speed until very thick and light-colored, about 2 minutes.
5. Whisk in the warm chocolate.
6. Mix the flour and chipotle chili powder together until well blended.
6. Gently fold spiced flour into the chocolate mixture.
7. Pour batter into the lined pan and spread evenly.
8. Bake 30 ¨C 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool on a rack before inverting and removing the foil.
10.00Place right side up and cut into 24 or more squares.
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LINDATHOME.