Fall Pumpkin Crispy WafflesSubmitted by: EAGLES17
IntroductionA warm blend of spices in a delightful crispy Belgian waffle. A warm blend of spices in a delightful crispy Belgian waffle.
1 tsp. regular I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
3 tbp. white flour
3 tbp. whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. packed brown sugar
1 packet Splenda
1 egg white
3/8 c. Almond Breeze
1/4 c. canned pure pumpkin
*OPTIONAL: HONEY BUTTER INGREDIENTS*
(Not in nutritional calculations)
1/2 tbp. butter or margarine
1/2 tbp. honey
1. Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
2. Melt the butter in a very small microwaveable dish and set it aside to cool.
3. Whisk together the white flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, brown sugar, and Splenda in a small bowl.
4. In another bowl, use the whisk to beat the egg white, Almond Breeze, pumpkin, and melted butter together.
5. Once all of the ingredients in bowls are well combined, pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir together.
6. When the waffle maker is ready, spoon the batter onto the iron and cook according to the manufacturer's directions (for me, it's about 3-4 minutes).
7. While the waffle is cooking, you can make some honey butter to serve with it. Simply use a small whisk to whisk the butter and honey together in a small bowl. (That's it!) If you'd like, feel free to add vanilla extract, cinnamon, or whatever else you may like in your honey butter.
8. When the waffle is ready, serve it warm with some honey butter (optional) and some sugar free syrup- Mmmmm!!!!!!!!
*Based on a Spiced Pumpkin Waffle recipe from RecipeZaar.com*
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EAGLES17.