- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 353.5
- Total Fat: 8.8 g
- Cholesterol: 14.7 mg
- Sodium: 181.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 15.1 g
Basic Tomato and Basil PastaSubmitted by: SPARAXIS
IntroductionVery simple and delicious recipe! Can easily add or swap out other vegetables. I made this with my tomatoes and zucchini from the garden. Perfect for summer! Very simple and delicious recipe! Can easily add or swap out other vegetables. I made this with my tomatoes and zucchini from the garden. Perfect for summer!
9 oz. dry fettuccine (or whatever pasta you desire)
1 T. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 c. cherry tomatoes (or whatever tomatoes you have on hand)
1 c. fresh basil leaves, torn
1/2 c. mushrooms, sliced (optional)
2 c. zucchini, grated (optional)
2 oz. Romano cheese, grated or thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat and add garlic. Saute' approx. 5 min.
3. Add tomatoes and mushrooms, reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx. 10 min.
4. By this time the pasta should be nearly cooked, add the grated zucchini to the pasta and continue to boil until the pasta is cooked to your liking, then drain and set aside
5. Uncover tomatoes, remove from heat, and add the fresh basil, salt and pepper to taste
6. Combine tomato mixture with pasta, and serve, topping each serving with approx. 1/2 oz. of Romano cheese
Makes 4 good sized (approx. 1 3/4 c.) servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SPARAXIS.