- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 187.2
- Total Fat: 12.4 g
- Cholesterol: 69.9 mg
- Sodium: 349.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 12.4 g
Black-Rice Curried Meatless-Loaf.Submitted by: SHELLPRO
IntroductionFound at EatgingWell.com . My revision, omits the Beef and Chutney making a great Vegetarian option! I have included the Beef in the Calories for those who want it. Found at EatgingWell.com . My revision, omits the Beef and Chutney making a great Vegetarian option! I have included the Beef in the Calories for those who want it.
1/2 cup(s) rice, brown long grain, or Black Japonica
1 cup(s) water
1 medium zucchini, shredded using the large holes of a box grater
1 tablespoon oil, walnut, or extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, minced
2 clove(s) garlic, minced
1 medium onion(s), yellow, finely chopped
2 stalk(s) celery, finely chopped
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 dash(es) cooking spray, to coat baking sheet
1 teaspoon salt
2 pounds beef, ground round, 93%-lean, Optional! but is included in the Calories here.
1 large egg(s), beaten OR Ground Flax Seed + 3 Tbsp. water.
1/3 cup(s) mango chutney, plus more for serving if desired, * Optional, and not included in Calories!
2. Meanwhile, squeeze any excess moisture from zucchini. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
3. Add onion, celery and the zucchini; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder; cook 1 minute. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and salt until combined. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet or broiler pan with cooking spray.
5. Spoon the cooked rice onto a clean cutting board and chop the grains into small bits with a large knife. Transfer to the bowl with the vegetables, add ground beef and egg and gently mix until just combined. Place the mixture on the prepared pan and shape into a loaf, about 10 inches by 5 inches. Spread chutney evenly over the top.
6. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meatloaf registers 165°F, 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional mango chutney, if desired.
* Looking for Mango Chutney Recipe, NOTE this is just as good without the MEAT and Chutney which is how I prepared it!
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SHELLPRO.