- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 438.4
- Total Fat: 16.4 g
- Cholesterol: 25.1 mg
- Sodium: 407.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.2 g
- Protein: 17.6 g
sweet potato, corn and black bean burritosSubmitted by: PEACH9100
from cookthink.com yum.
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup coarsely grated Monterey Jack
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
4 large flour tortillas
2. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When it's hot and shimmering, add the sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to turn soft, 4-6 minutes. Stir in the cumin and coriander and cook a couple of minutes.
3. Pour in 1/4 cup water and simmer until the sweet potato is tender, another 6-8 minutes. Stir in the corn and beans. Cook until they're heated through and almost all of the liquid is gone, 3-5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Put the tortillas directly on the oven rack for 30 seconds or so, until they're soft and easy to work with. Remove the baking dish from the oven and drizzle a little olive oil into it. Use a paper towel to coat the bottom and sides.
5. Spoon equal amounts of the filling onto each tortilla, then top with cheese and cilantro, reserving half of the cheese for later. Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then tuck in the two sides. Fold the tortilla over the rest of the way to close it and seal in the ingredients.
6. Put the burritos side by side in the baking dish. Cook them for 10 minutes, until the tortillas toast and the filling gets hot. Remove the burritos from the oven and sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the burritos. Put them back in the oven for another 5 minutes or so, until the cheese melts.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ALICIA9100.