Ziggy's Baked ZitiSubmitted by: SIEGFRIED66
IntroductionMakes a hearty, satisfying dinner. Served with a side salad Makes a hearty, satisfying dinner. Served with a side salad
1 16 oz box ziti
1 lb ground turkey
1 24 oz jar hearty garden style tomato sauce
1 15 oz container, fat free ricotta
1 8 oz package 2% milk shredded mozzarella
2 cups zucchini, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
2 bell peppers, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. Italian seasoning blend
1 tbsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
2. In a large saute pan heat half the oil on high heat. Saute onions and peppers until softened. Add zucchini and garlic, saute 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
3. Add remaining oil to pan, reduce temperature to medium and add ground turkey and spices. Cook stirring constantly 5-6 minutes.
4. Add sauce to turkey and heat additional 5 minutes.
5. Set temperature to low and stir in cooked ziti and ricotta.
6. lightly spray a baking dish with Pam, add 1/4 of the pasta, sauce, turkey mixture.
7. Layer half of the sauteed vegatables on top.
Sprinkle with 1/3 of the mozzarella. Cover with 1/2 of pasta mix, layer remaining vegetables, sprinkle with 1/3 of mozzarella. Layer in last 1/4 of pasta mix, sprinkle remaining mozzarella.
8. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 min,
Remove cover and bake additional 15 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 8-10 servings
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SIEGFRIED66.