Vegan Eggplant LasagnaSubmitted by: KEYPEROFTHEKEYS
IntroductionThis recipe offers a yummy alternative to traditional lasagna. Don't let the tofu turn you away. I've had two people who didn't like tofu try my eggplant lasagna and they both loved it. They couldn't even tell there was tofu in it. This recipe offers a yummy alternative to traditional lasagna. Don't let the tofu turn you away. I've had two people who didn't like tofu try my eggplant lasagna and they both loved it. They couldn't even tell there was tofu in it.
1 medium or 2 small eggplants
Non-stick Olive Oil Spray
2 Lasagna Noodles
1 Block (14 oz) of Tofu (I use firm, but you can use any kind.)
1/4 cup minced Garlic
3 cup Del Monte Traditional Spaghetti Sauce (or your favorite sauce)
8 oz Soy Cheese
2. While the noodles are cooking, cut the eggplant into thin slices.
3. Spray each slice with non-stick olive oil spray.
4. Place the eggplant slices on pan and broil until the pieces are tender.
5. While the eggplant is cooking, put the tofu and garlic in a food processor. The mixture should have the consistancy of ricotta cheese.
6. Put a few tablespoons of spaghetti sauce in a 9" x 13" baking dish.
7. Place the two lasagna noodles in the bottom of the pan.
8. Spread a few more tablespoons of sauce on top of the noodles.
9. Spread some of the tofu mixture on top of the sauce.
10. Sprinkle some soy cheese on top of the tofu mixture.
11. Layer some eggplant on top of the cheese.
12. Repeat steps 8-11 until all of the eggplant has been used.
13. Place the remaining sauce, tofu and cheese on top of the last layer of eggplant.
14. Bake at 350 degrees until the the soy cheese is melted.
15. Cut the lasagna into 12 equal slices.
This recipe makes 12 servings.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HANNAH_SHENOUDA.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I just made it. I added lasagna noodles to each layer since I had a deep dish. My one package of 7 oz of cheese didn't last more than 2 layers so I'll do more cheese next time. I also added a layer of sauteed mushrooms and spinach. Will add more of that next time. The garlic and tofu was amazing! - 12/26/12