- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 34.2
- Total Fat: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 0.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
Singapore-Style Chicken Fried Rice from RedbookSubmitted by: RACHELA04
IntroductionCurry powder adds extra kick to the classic stir-fry combo of rice, chicken, and vegetables. Curry powder adds extra kick to the classic stir-fry combo of rice, chicken, and vegetables.
Total Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
* 3 tablespoon(s) canola oil
* 1 large onion, diced
* 1 package(s) (6-ounce) sliced Canadian bacon, diced
* 1 bunch(es) (1-pound) bok choy, stems and leaves chopped
* 1 large red bell pepper, diced
* 2 teaspoon(s) finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger
* 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
* 8 ounce(s) skinless, boneless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
* 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Madras curry powder
* 4 cup(s) cooked brown basmati rice, cold
* 2 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
1. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and bacon and stir-fry 4 minutes. Add bok choy; stir-fry 2 minutes or until leaves have wilted. Add bell pepper, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry until vegetables start to soften, about 4 minutes. Remove vegetables to a bowl.
2. Return skillet to heat; add 1 tablespoon of the oil. When hot, add chicken and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken to bowl with vegetables.
3. Return skillet to heat; add 1 teaspoon of the oil. When hot, add eggs and scramble just until set. Add eggs to bowl with vegetables and chicken.
4. Return skillet to heat; add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet along with curry powder and cook over medium-high heat 30 seconds, stirring, until fragrant. Add rice and stir-fry until coated evenly. Cook rice undisturbed until bottom is slightly crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Return vegetables, chicken, and eggs to skillet; add soy sauce and stir-fry 3 minutes longer.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ULUVTALOVEME04.