- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 307.9
- Total Fat: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 95.8 mg
- Sodium: 317.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 17.4 g
Sweet & Hot Shrimp Tacos with Cherry Ginger GlazeSubmitted by: GRADXY
IntroductionAdapted from Clean Eating Magazine. Absolutely mouth-watering. Adapted from Clean Eating Magazine. Absolutely mouth-watering.
1 cup pitted sweet cherries (fresh or frozen)
1 to 2 jalapeno peppers
1 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
3 tbsp raw honey
36 raw large shrimp, peeled, and with tails removed
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tbsp olive oil
8 corn tortillas
1 small head radicchio, thinly sliced
4 large carrots, peeled and grated
3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
Lime wedges for garnish
Preheat oven to 400.
1) Pit cherries. Peel and chop ginger. Chop Jalapeno. Peel Shrimp. Set shrimp aside in bowl, and combine the other three ingredients in a blender.
2) Place cherries, jalapeno, ginger, and honey in a blender or mini chopper, with 1/4 cup water. Blend until smooth.
3) Slice radicchio and peel and grate carrots. Chop cilantro. Place these in bowl, mix together, and set aside.
4) Season shrimp with salt. Heat a large skilled over high heat. Add olive oil and shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally, until shrimp are pink on the outside but not yet cooked through. Reduce heat to medium and add cherry mixture. Simmer for about 2 minutes, until sauce reduces slightly and shrimp are cooked through.
5) Warm corn tortillas in oven for 2-3 minutes each. Remove, and promptly divide radicchio mixture evenly among the 8 tortillas, and top with 4-5 shrimp and some of the cherry sauce. Serve with lime wedge on side.
Tip: If cooking for less than four, wait to heat the extra taco shells right before serving the leftovers.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GRADXY.