Souffle of Patty PanSubmitted by: MIKIIO
IntroductionA very light recipe, easy to make.
A very light recipe, easy to make.
1 summer squash (medium size)
1 tsp coriander
1 tbsp grated cheese (optional)
2) Remove from the pot and set aside to let it cool down.
3) When it's cool enough, slice off the top of the patty pan and take off the inside, remove the seeds and scoop out all the flesh. Keep the flesh apart.
4) Separate the egg yolk from the white.
5) Add the yolk to the flesh, and grated cheese if you want.
6) Beat the egg whites and add the stiffly beaten egg whites to the previous preparation.
7) Preheat your oven to 375 F.
Mix gently and spoon the stuffing in the patty pan shell.
8) Place the patty pan in a baking pan and cook for 20 minutes, until it begins to brown.
9) Serve it with some dash of coriander and its cover.
Tip: you can also cook it in the microwave (10 min) as shown on the picture (my soufflĂ© has no cheese here), but the soufflĂ© will be a little less impressive.
Tip: drain well the patty pan after making it boil.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MIKIIO.