- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 253.3
- Total Fat: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 55.7 mg
- Sodium: 635.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
- Protein: 25.2 g
Buttermilk Oven fried chickenSubmitted by: TONEILL1
6 large boneless chicken breasts , no skin
2 cups of buttermilk (mixed by instructions if using the powder)
4 T of butter melted(I use the blue bonnet lite margarine)
1/2 cup of flour( I use the 50/50 Hodges)
1/2 cup cornmeal ( I use the non chemical)
1 t of salt(I use the sea salt)
* Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
* Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
* In a large zipper-style plastic bag, mix together flour, cornmeal, and salt.
* Place one milk-coated piece of chicken breast into the flour mixture, and shake well to coat chicken.
* Place the coated chicken into the prepared baking dish.
* Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining chicken breasts.
* Drizzle half of the melted butter over the chicken breasts.
* Bake the chicken 10 minutes, turn pieces over, and drizzle the rest of the melted butter over the chicken breasts.
* Bake the chicken an additional 10 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Don't overcook.
Makes 6 servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TONEILL1.