- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 395.5
- Total Fat: 24.3 g
- Cholesterol: 35.9 mg
- Sodium: 469.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 10.5 g
Roast Mushroom & Bread SaladSubmitted by: MAUITN
IntroductionThe beauty of this salad is that the wonderful buttery, juices from roasting the mushrooms mix in with the dressing and get soaked up by the bread so not one ounce of earthy mushroom flavour is lost. Field mushrooms may be used instead of portabell The beauty of this salad is that the wonderful buttery, juices from roasting the mushrooms mix in with the dressing and get soaked up by the bread so not one ounce of earthy mushroom flavour is lost. Field mushrooms may be used instead of portabell
3/4 lb (350g) medium portabello mushrooms, about 7
1 – 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1/2 bunch thyme
1/2 stick butter (2oz / 60g), diced
2 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
large chunk rustic bread, approx 7ox (200g)
1 bunch flat leaf (continental) parsley, leaves picked
shavings of parmesan cheese, to serve
2.. Trim mushroom stalks and place in a baking dish stem side up. Scatter with garlic, thyme and butter. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes.
3. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and tender.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, mustard and oil. Taste and season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Remove thyme stalks and discard. Carefully tear the mushrooms into halves or quarters, you want bight sized pieces.
6. Remove the bottom crust from the bread and tear into bight sized chunks.
7. Toss bread and dressing in with the mushrooms, encouraging the bread to soak up the dressing. Taste and season, if needed.
8. Toss in parsley leaves and sprinkle over the parmesan shavings. Serve warm.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MAUITN.