Date LoafSubmitted by: ALEENER
Introductiontotally yummy bread that's naturally sweetened by dates and nothing else! totally yummy bread that's naturally sweetened by dates and nothing else!
1 (heaping) cup dates
2 cups boiling water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons flax seed mixed with 6 tablespoons water
1/2 - 1 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
1) preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) chop dates and combine with boiling water (and raisins, if adding) in a small bowl. let cool.
3) combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
4) combine flax seed and vanilla with dates.
5) combine date mixture (and nuts, if adding) with flour mixture and stir until blended into a thick dough.
6) bake for 45 - 50 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. let cool for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Number of Servings: 20
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ALEENER.