Lemon-Garlic ShrimpSubmitted by: KEEKBEAN
* 4 teaspoon oil, olive, extra virgin, divided
* 2 large pepper(s), red, bell, diced
* 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
* 2 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
* 5 clove(s) garlic, minced
* 1 pounds shrimp, raw, 26-30 per pound, peeled and deveined
* 1 cup(s) broth, chicken, reduced-sodium
* 1 teaspoon cornstarch
* 2 tablespoon lemon juice
* 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon zest, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan along with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KEEKBEAN.