- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 296.7
- Total Fat: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 67.9 mg
- Sodium: 761.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 35.8 g
Best Low Fat Boneless Chicken WingsSubmitted by: CONEJO148
IntroductionClosest to a national chain's version as I have found, and under 300 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving Closest to a national chain's version as I have found, and under 300 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving
16 ozs skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into large chunks, about 1" square or slightly larger
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup egg substitute (like EggBeaters)
1 1/2 cup nonfat or skim milk
2 cups vegetable oil
2. Combine dry ingredients (everything else but the oil and chicken) into a freezer bag or bowl, and mix well
3. Heat 2 cups of vegetable oil to 375 in large pan to fry for less fat, or in a pot if you prefer to to deep fry, or just use a deep fryer.
*I used .2 tablesoons of oil for the nutritional info because at my better half's request, I have weighed them before and after cooking, and that is roughly the amount of oil that they seem to absorb, based on weight.
4. Dip chicken in egg and milk mixture
5. Place 4-6 pieces of chicken at a time into bag or bowl to coat. Repeat with remaining chicken
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to double coat
7. Carefully (I use tongs or slotted spoon) place chicken into pan, pot, or deep fryer for 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown..they will cook a little more after you take them out.
8. Place on plate lined with paper towels to cool a little
9. Coat with your favorite sauce and enjoy with a side of celery and no-fat ranch dressing
Makes 4 4 ounce servings. Coat with your favorite sauce, and be sure to add your nutritoinal info for your own sauces.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CONEJO148.