Carrots sweet curriedSubmitted by: PATSTTHOMAS
* Carrots, raw, 8 large (7-1/4" to 8-1/2" long) (remove)
* Olive oil Vigo, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Orange juice 12 oz Goya, 4 oz (remove)
* Curry powder, 1 tsp (remove)
* Ginger Root, 1 tsp (remove)
* Salt, 1 dash (remove)
* Butter sweet cream unsalted Wellsley, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Honey pure Virginia Brand, 1 tbsp (remove)
Cut carrots in half (quarters if very large) Heat oil over medium heat, put in the carrots covered & cook for about 5 to 7 minutes shaking occasionally. Add orange juice (more if necessary to cover the carrots, curry powder, ginger & dash of salt. Cook until liquid reduced by half & carrots are tender (about 10 to 15 minutes). Add butter and honey & continue cooking until liquid forms a glaze.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PATSTTHOMAS.