Chicken RollsSubmitted by: WATCHINGTHELBS
IntroductionQuick & Easy Chicken Quick & Easy Chicken
List of ingredients.
Chicken Broth - Swansons - 1, 12 oz can
Chicken Breast Fillet's (2 oz each)
Celery - 1 cup finely chopped
Carrots - 1 cup finely chopped
Onion - 1 cup finely chopped
Swiss Cheese Slices
2. Lay Chicken Fillet out on the cutting board and layer some chopped carrot, celery and onion on the fillet.
3. Take 1/2 slice of swiss cheese and lay it over the chopped veggies.
4. Role the chicken breast and then put a tooth pick in it so that all the carrots, celery, Onion and cheese are inside the chicken fillet.
5. Make as many of the fillet's as you need for people attending the meal typically, two are enough for each person.
6. Place the filled chicken roles in a pan and add in 1 can of Swanson's Chicken Broth and then water as needed as you cook (steam them) in the pan.
7. Whatever carrot, celery and onion is left over, put it in the chicken broth in the pan to simmer as the chicken cooks.
8. Continue to add water as the chicken cooks to ensure the tenderness of the chicken.
9. Once the chicken is cooked, you can either eat right away or put in put in refridge (or freeze) for the next nights dinner. It reheats well and tasty.
Each Chicken Roll total calories is about 130-140 calories each. Served with a nice vegetable and fruit it makes a wonderful dinner low in fat and calories.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WATCHINGTHELBS.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I loved this and served it tonight for a dinner guest, who also loved it. I was sure my hubby would too, but afterwards found out that he thought it was bland. :( Maybe next time I'll try seasoning the chicken a little beforehand. I also cooked mine in the oven at 400* for about 30 minutes. - 10/9/08
I made this with thin sliced chicken breast cutlets, added diced up mushrooms to the recipe, & before I put it in the oven I lightly sprinkled Goya Adobo on top of each roll. My daughter doesn't like swiss, so I made hers with mozzarella instead. YUMMY, the WHOLE family loved it! thanks - 10/14/07