- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 225.2
- Total Fat: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.4 mg
- Sodium: 509.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 11.3 g
Whole-Grain Banana Pancakes with Blackberry SyrupSubmitted by: GWYNNEVERE.
IntroductionGive your favorite pancake mix a health boost. Roasted nut oils deliver unsaturated fats, while flax seeds and wheat germ up the fiber, vitamin E, folic acid and Omega-3 fatty acid contents. The result is ultra-tasty and ultra-filling. Give your favorite pancake mix a health boost. Roasted nut oils deliver unsaturated fats, while flax seeds and wheat germ up the fiber, vitamin E, folic acid and Omega-3 fatty acid contents. The result is ultra-tasty and ultra-filling.
* 1 cup Aunt Jemima Whole Wheat Pancake Mix
* 1/4 cup flax seed(s)
* 1/4 cup wheat germ, toasted-variety
* 1 cup fat-free skim milk
* 3 large egg white(s)
* 1 Tbsp walnut oil, roasted-variety
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 sprays cooking spray
* 2 medium banana(s), thinly sliced
* 2 cup unsweetened frozen blackberries
* 2 Tbsp Splenda
* In a small saucepan, combine blackberries and powdered sugar; set pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce thickens and reduces, about 10 minutes.
* Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine pancake mix, flax seeds and wheat germ; mix with a fork to combine. Add milk, egg whites, oil and vanilla extract; whisk until large lumps disappear (ignore any small lumps).
* For each pancake, pour a scant 1/4-cup of batter onto hot griddle or skillet. Cook until bubbles appear around edges and then top each pancake with banana slices; flip pancake. Cook until golden on both sides, about 1 minute more.
* Remove cooked pancakes to a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm (or keep warm in a 250ÂºF oven). Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 pancakes. Serve pancakes with blackberry syrup spooned over top.
Each serving yields 2 pancakes and about 2 tablespoons of syrup per serving.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GWYNNEVERE..