- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 241.2
- Total Fat: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 1,546.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 27.6 g
Citris Cajun Chicken and CabbageSubmitted by: SONDRIA
IntroductionThis is a yummy and filling meal for when you want a lot of food, without a ton of calories. What I like about this dish is I get my veggies in, and protein with chicken sausage. This is a yummy and filling meal for when you want a lot of food, without a ton of calories. What I like about this dish is I get my veggies in, and protein with chicken sausage.
1 lb UNCOOKED cajun chicken sausage (remove casing)
1 medium head of cabbage roughly chopped
1 cup frozen or fresh corn
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 orange (zested into dish while cooking, then juice squeezed into soy sauce)
zest of half the orange
2) once chicken starts browning add chopped cabbage, cover and let steam until cabbage is slightly soft
3) zest half the orange over cabbage and add corn
4) once corn is cooked through (i use frozen) turn off heat and let simmer with the lid on
5) While mixture is steaming add juice from half the orange to the soy sauce.
6) Stir in soy sauce mixture over cabbage, toss and seperate into 4 large bowls.
Reciepe makes 4 very large bowls of cabbage/chicken/corn mixture.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SONDRIA.