- Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 135.1
- Total Fat: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 6.8 mg
- Sodium: 347.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
Tina's Reduced Fat Party On Snack MixSubmitted by: HOOSIERGIRLINDY
IntroductionThis recipe has all the taste of home made party mix with half the butter. This recipe has all the taste of home made party mix with half the butter.
3 Cups Corn Chex Cereal (or generic corn squares)
3 Cups Rice Chex Cereal (or generic rice squares)
2 Cups Wheat Chex Cereal (or generic wheat squares)
1 Cup Cheerios Cereal (or generic toasted oat cereal)
1 Cup Virginia Peanuts (or cocktail or oil-roasted peanuts)
4 Tablespoons melted butter
6 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce (or 2 Tablespoons)
1 1/2 Teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
2. Melt butter in small bowl and add worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and garlic powder and mix well.
3. Pour the butter and salt mixture over the cereal and peanuts.
4. Cover the large container with a tight-fitting lid.
5. Turn and shake the container until the butter mixture evenly coats the cereal and peanuts.
6. Remove the lid.
7. Place the large bowl and its contents into the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
8. Replace the lid on the container and shake well.
9. Remove the lid and microwave for an additional minute.
10. Repeat steps 8-9 two more times (for a total cooking time of 4 1/2 minutes*).
11. Remove from the microwave and spread out onto paper towels to cool.
Makes 18- 1/2 servings (The ingredients are 10 cups after adding the peanuts. The cereal shrinks during cooking).
*I use a 1100 watt microwave oven. You may need to cook it for a longer or shorter period of time, depending on your microwave.
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HOOSIERGIRLINDY.