- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 141.9
- Total Fat: 7.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 0.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
Vanilla Coeur A La Creme (a la Yoghurt)Submitted by: THINRONNA
IntroductionThis recipe is as easy as can be and surprisingly low in calories. The cream in the traditional version has been replaced by a low fat vanilla yogurt. It is wonderful served with fresh berries for an elegant dessert. This recipe is as easy as can be and surprisingly low in calories. The cream in the traditional version has been replaced by a low fat vanilla yogurt. It is wonderful served with fresh berries for an elegant dessert.
8 oz Low Fat Cream Cheese, at room temperature
2/3 cup Low fat Vanilla Yogurt
3 Tbsp Powdered Sugar, sifted
finely grated zest of one Lemon
seeds of 1/2 Vanilla Bean
Sea Salt to taste
1. Whisk together the cream cheese and vanilla yogurt until smooth.
2. Add the grated lemon zest, vanilla bean seeds and sifted powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
3. Taste and season with sea salt, whisking after each addition.
4. Once seasoned, dampen the cheese cloth or napkin and place in the coeur a la creme mold or strainer and then put the cream cheese mixture into the cloth gently folding the edges of the cloth over the mixture.
5. Suspend the strainer or place the mold into a bowl to catch the drippings and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours.
6. Pour off any liquid that has accumulated. If using a mold, unwrap the coeur and invert onto a plate and remove the cloth. It can now be served with berries.
7. If using a strainer, line small molds with plastic wrap and gently press the coeur into the small molds, fold plastic over and refrigerate again for about an hour until set. to serve, fold back the plastic, invert onto a plate and remove the mold and plastic wrap and serve with berries.
If you make this a few days in advance of when you need it you will find that the flavors really have a chance to develop more although is is very good the same day it is finished as well.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user THINRONNA.