- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 92.1
- Total Fat: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 18.1 mg
- Sodium: 332.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
Whole Wheat Honey Wheat Bran MuffinsSubmitted by: HOLLI_D
IntroductionLow fat, high fiber... all natural healthy moist muffin. Is there any better way to start the day? Low fat, high fiber... all natural healthy moist muffin. Is there any better way to start the day?
1.5 cup wheat bran
1 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup skim milk
1 whole egg
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/3 cup agave nectar (or honey)
2. Mix all wet ingredients... blend by hand well.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until moist throughout.
5. Put batter into paper lined muffin cups.
6. Add any fruit/nut to the top of your muffins (I recommend cranberries and blueberries but for the purpose of calorie counting these have not been included).
7. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 mins.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HOLLI_D.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
What is the amount for the agave nectar/ honey? Is it one cup or something else? - 9/21/10
Reply from HOLLI_D (9/22/10)
Sorry about that... it is 1/3 of a cup.