Taco SaladSubmitted by: MICRODESIGNS
IntroductionThis is the fresh flavored taco salad just like you find at church potluck in the mid-west USA! Don't miss this one! This dish is usually served on a handful of corn chips, but is also great over a bed of shredded lettuce (which drops 200cal per serving). This is the fresh flavored taco salad just like you find at church potluck in the mid-west USA! Don't miss this one! This dish is usually served on a handful of corn chips, but is also great over a bed of shredded lettuce (which drops 200cal per serving).
(1) head romaine lettuce
(1) 16oz. container of sour cream
(1) package of taco seasoning (taco bell)
(1) 15oz. can of kidney beans
(1) can of olives, 6oz. when drained
(4) medium tomatoes
(2) small onions, or (1) medium-large onion
7oz. cheddar cheese
(1) bag corn chips (like Fritos)
I love this recipe. My wife taught me this one. Thanks Nancy, I love you babe. :)
1) Add the taco seasoning to the sour cream in the sour cream container. Let it sit while cutting the vegetables.
2) Drain the kidney beans.
3) Shred the cheese.
4) Slice the olives.
5) Chop the onions.
6) Dice the tomatoes.
7) Shred the lettuce.
8) Just before serving, mix it all together in a large bowl.
9) A couple of large serving spoons over a handful of corn chips makes a good-sized serving.
Have your running shoes on. Because, you are going to like it so much that you will have to run away, or else eat more. :) Either way, this recipe is a bit heavy, so lose the cheese, or cut down on the sour cream, to control the calories. The real attraction comes from the combination of textures and the concentration of seasoning.
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MICRODESIGNS.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Way too high in sodium, calories, and fat. No thanks. - 9/22/10
Reply from MICRODESIGNS (9/22/10)
This is a pretty heavy meal. But in a moderate diet and lifestyle, this is not unhealthy or abnormal. Even so, you might try the recipe replacing with low fat sour cream, no cheese and over a bed of lettuce mixed with 1/3 the chips. It is still very good. :)