- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 310.2
- Total Fat: 15.2 g
- Cholesterol: 68.4 mg
- Sodium: 369.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 29.0 g
Lemon Thai Basil Chicken with CouscousSubmitted by: NATRONA32
IntroductionThis is not a ridgid recipie, I had fun making it up, have fun recreating it! This is not a ridgid recipie, I had fun making it up, have fun recreating it!
2 - Chicken Breast, no skin, bone and skin removed
1/2 tsp - ground cumin
1/2 tsp - ground thyme
6 tsp - Grapeseed Oil
2 tbsp - Grapeseed Oil
10 leaves - Thai basil
1/2 cup - Flour (white or whole wheat)
1/2 tsp - Salt
1/2 tsp - White pepper
1 tsp - Parsley, dried
1 tsp - Garlic
1 tbsp - Lemon juice
Near East Couscous any variety (made acording to package)
2. Very lightly dust each filet with Cumin & Thyme
3. Drizzel 1 tsp grapeseed oil & a few basil leaves on each filet, put filets in bowl & set aside
4.In small bowl combine flour, salt, white pepper & parsley & mix well
5. Put 2 tbsp grapeseed oil & lemon juice in large non-stick pan over low heat & be sure to coat bottom of pan with the liquid. Add garlic & remaining basil leaves.
6. Lightly coat each filet in flour mixture & then put filet in pan & cover. Flip fliets when they are a little brown. You can add a little oil if needed to keep from sticking
7. Make couscous according to package
8. Chicken & couscous should finish about the same time, serve about 1/2 cup of couscous with 1 or 2 filets.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NATRONA32.