- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 393.6
- Total Fat: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 47.4 mg
- Sodium: 376.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.8 g
- Protein: 27.8 g
GBC's Quick Lo-Cal Chicken DishSubmitted by: GBCRAWFORD
IntroductionI am starving and I want something Good, Filling, Now! What's in the Pantry? Hmmm! OK, let's go! I am starving and I want something Good, Filling, Now! What's in the Pantry? Hmmm! OK, let's go!
OK Gang * * Serves 4 heaping bowls @ 337 cals ea. (per labels)
* 8 Russet potatoes - they were the smallest I ever did see 1.5 x 2.5 I figured 800 cal for all 8
* 1 very large yellow onion - slice it and salt it and let it cook
* 2 cans of mixed veggies (Walmart Great Value brand)
- I subbed 1 can w/string beans tonight - less cals too
* 1 can of canned chicken breast - (Walmart GV brand)
That's it - sprayed a little oil on the Towncraft skillet, seasoned it heavy with some steak season in a grinder (sold that way) Could use frozen veggies, cut down on sodium, improve quality. Remember, I was HUNGRY, and that's all I could find ! ! Enjoy. I did.
Slice and Cook Onion season as you like ( I salt 'em)
Peel, Dice and Micro-wave Potatos 5-8 minutes
Add diced potatoes, Canned veggies, Chicken (add last to preserve the "chunks")
That's it. I like to add some seasoning Takes 20-30 minutes cutting by hand. I was hungry and searched the pantry and came up with this. I like lo-cal but yummy and filling foods.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GBCRAWFORD.