Potato-Leek SoupSubmitted by: GNEISS_GIRL
4 Cups of chicken broth or stock (vegetable broth is ok too)
3 leeks, cleaned and chopped
5-6 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed. (I prefer the Yukons because they have a buttery texture/taste, cook faster, and have the best texture for this recipe.)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup milk or half/half (whatever you have on hand works)
2 Tablespoons butter
2) Add the garlic and leeks and simmer lightly until leeks have softened.
3) Add the chicken broth and bring to a light boil
4) Add the potatoes and allow to simmer until potatoes have softened.
5) Once the potatoes are soft, add the milk.
6) Mash up some of the potatoes with the back of a wooden spoon (leaving as chunky or as smooth as you like)
7) Allow to simmer a few more minutes to thicken.
8) Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with crusty, cheesey bread.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GNEISS_GIRL.