Spiced Yams (Dairy Free)Submitted by: ANAM8ME
IntroductionI had these yams at R.J. Gators in Florida. A comfort food if I've ever tasted one. I had these yams at R.J. Gators in Florida. A comfort food if I've ever tasted one.
2 large yams
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 tsp. nutmeg
3 shakes of cinnamon
3 shakes ginger
2. Prep yams for baking. Fork holes in the yams
and wrap individually in aluminum foil.
3. Bake 45 minutes or until yams feel soft when
4. Remove yams from the foil and peal off the
5. Cut the yams into chunks and put in a pot
6. Stir in the pineapple juice, nutmeg, cinnamon
7. Cook on low heat until the mix has a
consistency of think applesauce.
*Recipe makes 4 servings.
**Note: This is good served hot or cold.**
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANAM8ME.