Baked Cinnamon ApplesSubmitted by: WARBLER1
IntroductionLite version of the Boston Market brand Cinnamon Apples. Lite version of the Boston Market brand Cinnamon Apples.
3 Granny Smith Apples, sliced in 16 slices
2/3 cup cold water
1/2 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon corn starch
2 teaspoons Butter Buds Sprinkles
1/4 cup dark brown sugar (or reduce calories further by using Splenda)
dash salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
2. Line 8x8 pan with aluminum foil to make clean up easy.
3. Peel and core apples; slice each into 16 slices and arrange in prepared pan.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together cold water, flour, corn starch, Butter Buds, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Whisk thoroughly to eliminate lumps. Using cold water will also reduce lumps.
5. Pour cinnamon mixture over apple slices and cover pan with foil.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring apples every 10 minutes. Cinnamon mixture thickens and apples bake and will coat the apples as they are stirred.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WARBLER1.