- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 216.4
- Total Fat: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 60.1 mg
- Sodium: 514.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 27.2 g
Ham & Cheese Stuffed Chicken BreastSubmitted by: NEZPEOPLE
IntroductionA great mock Chicken Cordon Bleu A great mock Chicken Cordon Bleu
* Mozzarella Cheese, part skim milk, 2 oz
* Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard, 2 tsp
* Pepper, black, 1 dash
* Egg white, 1 serving
* *Extra Light Olive Oil, 1/2 tbsp
* Ham, regular (11% fat), 2 TBSP, diced
* 4 - 3oz. Chicken Breasts, no skin or bones
* Bread crumbs, dry .5 cup
2. Mix cheese, ham, mustard and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Cut a horizontal slit along thin side of chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side. Open and place one fourth of the filling in the center. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Repeat with remaining breasts and filling.
4. Lightly beat egg white with fork in a medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow glass dish.
5. Hold each chicken breast together and dip in egg white, then dredge in breadcrumbs. (discard all leftovers)
6. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat and lightly brown each side of stuffed breast, about 2 minutes per side.
7.Place browned chicken in prepared baking pan. Bake until chicken is no longer pink in the center or until an instant read thermometer registers 170 degrees F, about 20 minutes.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NEZPEOPLE.