Beef EnchiladasSubmitted by: VLPSMITH
1 lbs ground beef
1 med onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
cumin, chili powder, ground pepper to taste
19 oz can of enchilada sauce (I use La Victoria)
12 small corn tortillas
olive oil spray
2. Spray both sides of tortillas with olive oil spray and heat on pan. Put on paper towel and cover. Set aside.
3. Cook beef in pan. When brown drain juices.
4. Add onions, garlic, spices and about 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce. Cook until onions are soft.
5. Preheat oven to 350
6. Remove meat from pan and put in a bowl.
7. Turn off head, add about 1 cup of sauce to pan.
8. Take one tortilla, place in pan so both sides are covered with sauce. Place tortilla in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Put 1/12 of the beef mixture in tortilla. Wrap.
9. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
10. Cover with remaining sauce. Cover with cheese.
11. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
12. Let cool a bit before serving.
Makes 12 enchiladas.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VLPSMITH.