- Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 76.6
- Total Fat: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 10.1 mg
- Sodium: 46.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
Brussels Sprouts with Hot Orange SauceSubmitted by: MOONTOES1
IntroductionThis delicious side dish makes a gorgeous presentation.
pes.com This delicious side dish makes a gorgeous presentation.
12 Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
2. Cut the sprouts in half and then boil or steam them for about 5 minutes until softened.
3. Drain and reserve.
4. Now melt butter in a skillet and add blanched brussel sprouts, ground ginger and season with salt and pepper.
5. Now add orange juice and cornstarch.
6. Cook through – about 3 minutes. Stir frequently until the sauce thickens.
7. Pour into a serving dish and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
4 per serving
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MOONTOES1.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Made a thick and juicy sauce for brussels; served over rice and added chicken breast that was braised in OJ and seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Excess OJ from chicken was poured over meal. Made for a citrus flavoured dish. Could added in some toasted sesame seeds or almonds next time. - 2/23/11