Savoury SconesSubmitted by: TASNUVA
IntroductionSavoury scones with a cheese kick that my friends loved Savoury scones with a cheese kick that my friends loved
* Flour, white, 1 cup
* Butter, salted, 1 tbsp
* Baking Powder, 1.5 tsp
* Gruyere Cheese, 0.5 cup, shredded
* Parsley, dried, 1 tbs
* Pecans, 0.5 cup, chopped
* Milk, nonfat, 0.5 cup
* Egg, fresh, 1 small
* Sun dried tomatoes (not in oil)- cut into tiny pieces, optional
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
3. Stir flour with baking powder and salt. Grate cold butter into flour or use a pastry blender to cut in butter until only small bits are visible. Add cheese, nuts, parsley and sun dried tomatoes ; toss until evenly distributed. Mix in milk; stir until soft dough forms.
4. Turn out dough onto floured board and divide in half. Knead each half 2 to 3 times; then pat out with floured hands into rounds about Â¾ inch (2 cm) thick. Cut each round crosswise into 8 wedges; brush or rub tops with egg. Place scones on baking sheet about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
5. Bake above oven centre for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve warm or at room temperature. (To make ahead, cool completely and freeze in an airtight freezer bag. Reheat from frozen, uncovered, in a 350Â°F (180Â°C) for 10 minutes or until thoroughly warmed.)
Makes 16 mini-scones
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TASNUVA.