- Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 60.8
- Total Fat: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 67.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
Curtis Stone Vanilla Cupcakes with Banana frostingSubmitted by: IZZYAGGY2009
5 organic egg whites
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
For the frosting
1 cup nonfat cream cheese
1/2 ripe banana
* Place the egg whites in a large bowl and using a handheld mixer whip the whites on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until the whites begin to lighten up and hold their shape.
* Increase speed to high and whip in the salt and honey until the whites hold a soft peak, then add the vanilla extract.
* Fold in the yogurt.
* In a separate medium mixing bowl combine the flour and baking powder and mix well.
* Sift the dry ingredients into the egg whites a little at a time, gently folding them in with a rubber spatula.
* Once fully incorporated, scoop the batter into cupcake tins lined with cupcake papers.
* Bake the cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes or until they have colored and gently spring back when pushed with a finger.
* Remove from the oven and cool the cupcakes at room temp.
* Mix the cream cheese and the banana in a medium mixing bowl until well incorporated, leaving small chunks of banana throughout the frosting.
* Once cool, spread a little of the banana frosting over the cupcakes and (top each with a raspberry?) serve.
Makes about 14 cupcakes
Number of Servings: 14
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user IZZYAGGY2009.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Tried this cake mix and used a chocolate sugar-free frosting. Definitely hit the spot for my sweet tooth. However, these came out more like muffins than cupcakes. Once cooked, they came out about half the size of a normal cupcake. Next time I will make them in tiny cupcake tins. - 7/20/12
Are these the cupcakes he made on the Biggest Loser this week? They quoted them as being 100 calories each on the show, but perhaps it was a different recipe. I don't remember them having banana frosting. - 10/14/10
Reply from IZZYAGGY2009 (10/14/10)
It is, but they had two frosting's to put on them, and I have only done the first one, I am going to make another recipe with the raspberry frosting also. But you can check out my blog http://www.sparkpeople.com/myp
It has both and the vegan ones t