20 Clove ChickenSubmitted by: SHELLPRO
IntroductionFix-It and Forget-It Lightly, p. 7. Nancy Savage, Factoryville, PA
Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly, p. 7. Nancy Savage, Factoryville, PA
¼ cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp. chopped dried parsley
2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 tsp. dried oregano
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
20 cloves of garlic (about 1 head)
4 celery ribs, chopped
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 lemon, juice and zest
fresh herbs, optional
2. Add garlic cloves and celery. Coat well.
3. Transfer garlic and celery to slow cooker with slotted spoon.
4. Add chicken to herb mixture. Coat well. Place chicken on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
5. Sprinkle lemon juice and zest in slow cooker. Add any remaining herb mixture.
6. Cover. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
7. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
For browned chicken, saute uncooked breasts in large skillet in 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Then proceed
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SHELLPRO.