- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 131.1
- Total Fat: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 17.0 mg
- Sodium: 307.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
Better for you Banana BreadSubmitted by: BEACHBUNNYMOM
IntroductionThis is a great banana bread recipe that is not only healthy but delicious too! This is a great banana bread recipe that is not only healthy but delicious too!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup brown sugar (you can use splenda brown sugar if prefer)
1 1/2 cups Splenda granular
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large overripe mashed bananas
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 tablespoons water
2. In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set a side.
3. In another bowl, blend applesauce, brown sugar, and Splenda until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix in flour mixture.
4. Stir in mashed bananas, milk, and water.
5. Spread in prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BEACHBUNNYMOM.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
You'll love this if you have a sweet tooth. It was too sweet for me, next time I'll use 1/2 c Splenda granular. Changes I made were: ww pastry flour, 1 tsp baking powd., 2 eggs and 1 egg white (my goof), 3 T lf buttermilk and 1 T cinnamon. Baked as cupcakes it made 18 and yummy tho too sweet. - 9/11/08