- Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 60.1
- Total Fat: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
- Sodium: 213.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
Biggest Loser Vanilla CupcakesSubmitted by: AUBRAZILLA
5 organic egg whites
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
For the frosting
1 cup nonfat cream cheese
1/2 ripe banana
For raspberry frosting as seen on the show:
1 cup nonfat cream cheese, at room temp
1 cup fresh raspberries
Fresh raspberries to garnish
* Preheat the oven to 325F.
* Place the egg whites in a large bowl and using a handheld mixer whip the whites on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until the whites begin to lighten up and hold their shape.
* Increase speed to high and whip in the salt and honey until the whites hold a soft peak, then add the vanilla extract.
* Fold in the yogurt.
* In a separate medium mixing bowl combine the flour and baking powder and mix well.
* Sift the dry ingredients into the egg whites a little at a time, gently folding them in with a rubber spatula.
* Once fully incorporated, scoop the batter into cupcake tins lined with cupcake papers.
* Bake the cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes or until they have colored and gently spring back when pushed with a finger.
* Remove from the oven and cool the cupcakes at room temp.
* Mix the cream cheese and the banana in a medium mixing bowl until well incorporated, leaving small chunks of banana throughout the frosting.
* Once cool, spread a little of the banana frosting over the cupcakes and (top each with a raspberry?) serve.
For raspberry frosting:
* While the cupcakes are baking, puree the raspberries in a blender until smooth.
* Pass through a fine mesh strainer into a small saucepot and cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until the puree reduces slightly.
* Cool completely.
* Place the cream cheese into a medium mixing bowl and fold the puree into the cream cheese until fully mixed.
* Once cupcakes are cool, spread a little of the berry frosting over the cupcakes, garnish each with one raspberry and serve.
Number of Servings: 14
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AUBRAZILLA.