- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 278.9
- Total Fat: 23.5 g
- Cholesterol: 82.7 mg
- Sodium: 222.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 6.0 g
Low Carb Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins with toasted Almond CrustSubmitted by: METVAN
IntroductionPumpkin adds a few extra carbs, but it is a nice treat now and then. May tweak this a bit more to get the carb count down a bit. Pumpkin adds a few extra carbs, but it is a nice treat now and then. May tweak this a bit more to get the carb count down a bit.
Toasted Almond Layer:
½ cup slivered almonds
2 tblsp butter
1 tsp brown sugar splenda blend
1 block regular cream cheese
3/8 cup regular splenda
¼ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ can Libby’s Pure Pumpkin Puree
1 block cream cheese
¼ tsp vanilla
¼ cup splenda
2. Melt butter in skillet and add almonds on medium heat. Toss to coat with the butter and add brown sugar splenda blend and toss until mixed. Continue to watch and stir to toast almonds. This should only take a few minutes, make sure they don’t start to burn or get too brown. Remove from burner.
3. Line cupcake pan with liners and spoon almonds in a single layer on bottom of cupcake liner.
4. In one bowl, put a block of cream cheese and soften in microwave for about 30-40 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.
5. Spoon into cupcake liners until half full and place in oven for 15 minutes.
6. In a separate bowl, soften the other block of cream cheese, add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.
7. After pumpkin mixture has cooked in the oven for 15 minutes, remove and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
8. Spoon cheesecake mixture on top of the pumpkin mixture to fill up the cupcake liner (about a large spoonful each) and replace in oven to cook for another 20 to 30 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and let cool on counter. When completely cool, transfer to refrigerator. Serve with Torani SF Pumpkin Pie Spice Syrup, Torani Caramel Syrup, or any other SF syrup or enjoy sans Syrup! They are delicious alone
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user METVAN.