- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 560.7
- Total Fat: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 21.8 mg
- Sodium: 1,605.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 85.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 24.9 g
- Protein: 43.5 g
Seven Layer Tortilla PieSubmitted by: LINDARUTH47
IntroductionI received this recipe in a recipe swap at Curves. I received this recipe in a recipe swap at Curves.
2 (15 oz) cans (=4 cups) pinto beans, drained & rinsed
2 cups salsa, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
7 (8-inch) flour tortillas
2 cups shredded free or reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2. In a large bowl, mash pinto beans. Stir in 3/4 cup salsa and garlic.
3. In a separate bowl, mix togetyher 1/4 cup salsa, cilantro, black beans and tomatoes.
4. Place 1 tortilla in a pie plate or tart dish. Spread 3/4 cup pinto bean mixture over tortilla to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, and cover with another tortilla. Spread with 2/3 cup black bean mixture, and top with 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layering twice. Cover with remaining tortilla, and spread with remaining pinto bean mixture and cheese.
5. Cover with foil, and bake for about 40 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with remaining salsa and sour cream.
* Corn and green pepper may also be added.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LINDARUTH47.