- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 186.3
- Total Fat: 11.5 g
- Cholesterol: 229.6 mg
- Sodium: 425.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 13.7 g
Roasted Tomato and Baked Egg cupsSubmitted by: MRS243
IntroductionServe this with soldiers (toast strips) to dip into the egg and cheese. Kids love that! Serve this with soldiers (toast strips) to dip into the egg and cheese. Kids love that!
4 medium Tomatoes
1 tsp Garlic powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
4 Lg Eggs
1 slices salami, chopped
1/2 cup part skim Mozzarella Cheese, finely shredded
4 fresh Basil leaves, sliced into very thin strips
1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
2. Slice off and set aside the top third of each tomato. Scoop out the seeds.
3. Place the tomatoes in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Season with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Break an egg into each tomato.
5. Bake, with the sliced tops, for 10 minutes.*
6. Place 1/4 of the salami on top of each egg.
6. Top the tomatoes with the basil, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan; bake until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes more.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve with the tops.
Serve with whole wheat toast strips ("soldiers") (optional, not included in NI)
*NOTE: After the first 10 minutes of baking the eggs WILL NOT be fully cooked. The melting cheese helps to finish cooking the egg. When you cut into the cups the yolk should still be runny.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MRS243.